Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: altec 288h and GPA 288h comparison

  1. #1
    Inactive Member fallot's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 2nd, 2006
    Posts
    12
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    A friend just purchased a pair of GPA 288h from Bill, and we like them alot. He and I made a side by side comaprison betwen GPA and Altec. We noticed that GPA driver is lighter in weight and shorter in height than the Altec driver. Isn't Bill using the original tools to make the altec components? Why the difference in wieght and height? Any thoughts?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member fallot's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 2nd, 2006
    Posts
    12
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My friend wrote Bill a mail ask hime about the difference in the height of the driver, and here is his answer.

    The size of the driver is interesting, when I had the magnet pot made I used the original Altec drawing so I would have to guess that Altec changed the length at so time. The thing is it would have to only be the outside dimension of the magnet pot because I know the Alnico magnet, pole piece and phase plug height has never changed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.